Employers and recruiters review hundreds of resumes every day.
Therefore, writing a resume that stands out from the crowd is a key success factor for job seekers. An eye-catching resume will increase your chances of getting a job interview.
Writing a resume is challenging. You have to work hard on every phrase to effectively describe your achievements, skills, strengths and most importantly your resume objectives statement.
This article offers sample objectives for resumes and describes the importance of resume objectives with many examples.
After reading this article, you may refer to the article Career Objectives examples for Resumes for more examples.
You may also be interested in reading:
- Resume: Keywords for Resumes
- Resume: Action Verbs for Resumes – Action Verb List
- List of skills for Resume
What is a Good Objective for a Resume?
What is a resume objective statement and why is it so important?
The resume objectives statements are a short summary of your profile and your career goals and it is what employers are looking for.
In other words, the objectives are for the employers so they can evaluate your competencies. The resume objectives help them perceive whether you would suit the position.
Employers tend to search for phrases and basic qualities that fit the job position. That is why you may place the resume objective paragraph at the beginning.
You also want to be brief and to the point to increase the chances that your resume will be read and chosen/selected.
Your career summary may be part of the resume objectives paragraph, that is if you have years of professional experience.
Therefore, the resume objectives should be divided into two elements -
1. Your career summary (i.e. professional history)
2. Resume objectives: description of the job that you are seeking.
Let’s start with #2 – the resume objective statement examples.
Resume Objective Examples
Step By Step Resume Writing Guide
Here are 15 objective statements that you can rewrite/edit and use for your resume:
1. “Obtain a position at ABC institute where I can maximize my training experience, program development skills and my teaching abilities.“
2. “Seeking a position that will benefit from my sales experience, positive interaction skills and industry contacts where my twelve years’ experience can improve the sales results.”
3. “Sales manager position where my skills and experience can be effectively utilized for increased profitability and product sales volume by developing a dynamic team.”
4. “Seeking a project management position with leadership responsibilities including problem solving, planning, organizing and managing budgets.”
5. “Seeking a position in an office environment, where there is a need for a variety of office management tasks including – computer knowledge, organizational abilities, business intelligence and database program use.”
6. “Obtain a position as a team-player in a people-oriented organization where I can maximize my customer-service experience in a challenging environment to achieve the corporate goals.”
7. “To obtain a position as a School Teacher that will utilize my strong dedication to children’s development and to their educational needs.”
8. “To obtain a position as an office Secretary in which my computer knowledge, and organizational abilities can be fully utilized.”
9. “To obtain a position as a software program designer in a challenging environment that utilizes team-work effort for researching, learning and developing new high-tech products. “
10. “Customer care representative position where my customer relations experience can be fully utilized to improve customer satisfaction and enhance the company brand name.”
11. “Create business strategies and develop existing customer sales, marketing tools and product launching.”
12. “To obtain a human resources management position where I can effectively utilize my expertise in employee relations and staff recruitment.”
13. “Product Marketing position that utilizes my marketing experience and enables me to make a positive contribution to the company.”
14. “To secure a position that will lead to a lasting working relationship in the field of accounting or bookkeeping.”
15. “To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background and ability to work well with people.”
Career Summary – Examples for Resume Objectives Paragraphs
Here are two examples for a career summary:
1. “As a fully qualified headteacher with 15 years of varied experience, there’s much I can offer to the education of our young children. I have more than 10 years of experience in mentoring and coaching teaching staff in ABC school. I’m confident that my passion for the teachers’ and children’s development, together with my skills and experience will enable me to make a significant difference at your school.”
2. “I am a PhD business management professional with more than 16 years of experience. I possess multiple skills covering many fields including – business development, organization management and marketing enhancement. I have been a managing director where I led a marketing division of 2000 marketing engineers across 3 countries. I have a long list of corporate achievements that I would be pleased to present.”